Ford Focus Forum banner

141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
The Sales Mgr I just spoke with at Simi Valley Ford just said they are making less of the Focus RS than they built of the GT-500 and expects for them to go at a premium. They are starting at $5k over sticker and are expecting to know what “sticker” is later today (10/15). But they are still not taking orders…

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I'd pay 5 over. It's going to be different everywhere though. I'm know they are making about 8,000 for 16. So their may not be an after sales like they think to gauge an MSRP. I know when I eBay I put an action price of lik 2x over but my buy it now is fair. We shall see. Still 4 months away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
The dealers can't do **** about that. Plus everyone's acting like all these dealers are talking to them. They just had a public ford commercial yesterday on channel 4. They can't scam that hard either or dealer services and contracts will get involved from ford.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Ford may have a say so in keeping the price reasonable. I don't think they'll want the same PR about the C7 Z06 ordeal.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I don't think they'll try very much if any at all to do a mark up unless you're in a few small certain areas.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Ford may have a say so in keeping the price reasonable. I don't think they'll want the same PR about the C7 Z06 ordeal.
The only real issue is this dealership only club They get 5K in profit from Focus RS. Thats just retail vs MSRP. So dealer joe makes his 5K just selling me the car MSRP. But dealer joe thinks he's a wheeler and dealer, mostly of can tell who the are, and says ima charge that sumbitch 5K over MSRP. So not only did the dealer make 5 off me original which is fine were mostly capitalist here. But the 5 thousand they charged me over is all theirs, the dealer ship. Take that ford we done put the car you you gave us for 3600 and made 9 thousand dollars worth of profit instead of 5 like you would have us. The companies don't like it. They get scammed and belittled.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
They don't make 5K on you do they? I looked at invoice and MSRP and they do make close to 3K on a fully optioned RS2

·
****ney-4-Life!
3,685 Posts
They don't make 5K on you do they? I looked at invoice and MSRP and they do make close to 3K on a fully optioned RS2
I bought mine 4 £20K. eVeNthough it cost Ford MORE than £27k to build them. Madness you say???...Didn't have a problem selling out the MK1. Did they.;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
My first Focus was an 01 Street Edition. Currently driving/racing a FoST. Have an RS ordered at MRSP from the same dealer. Hard to believe it will be almost 15 years since my first Focus.

I'm gtg on FocusRS.org

·
I
13,288 Posts
Ummm!

Which will turn more heads..the latest Scooby...

Or the first RS to land on your shores..and then conveniently disappear into the distant....
This. I have nothing against Subaru. My family is all about them. They're just.... so plain compared to the RS, and common.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I am not sure this focus will fade with its tech and power output compared. Maybe in time since Ford likes to make 2 year runs then stops for 5.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Well I'm late to this party. With prices starting at $35,700 and with how I'd configure it, moonroof & 19" Premium Painted Forged Alloy Wheels, comes in at $38,895.

That said, I won't be rushing out to get one of first units right off the line, but I will be looking a year or 2 down the road.
When I do, I'll be selling both my 2013 ST and my beloved 2002 SVT to keep it within budget.
Hopefully by then there may be a few more color choices.

This is like a replay of the ST launch without all the bitching about what the ST didn't have.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Any old school Jetters that plan to buy one. I know a lot of us talked about it and said if Ford ever made good, we would buy one.

I've got to crunch the numbers to see if it is feasible to trade in my ST and buy one this Spring or wait until next Spring but my heart is all in.
Hello old friends.

In answer to the original question: I hope so. Apparently there is some legit demand for this thing in front of the initial shipments. I suspect during this initial wave of cars, people are going to have to pay to play. I have a Fiesta ST with a few mods now, which i would keep. A Focus RS would be basically untouched (save brake lines, fluids, pads, fire extinguisher). Otherwise it will stay stock (with some factory options. The blue, oh yes, the blue.

Update: Unfortunately, I think I have come to my senses. I would LOVE to have this car, but it is just so outside of my realm of need, it's ridiculous. What a great car. It will practically have super-car performance right out the showroom door and more will be capable of handling huge amounts of personality enhancement. But when I consider the question "Do I need such a vehicle?" -- the answer is pretty clear. Given the amount we drive, I think we'll have the cars in our stable for many years to come. When it comes time to replace the car I'd give up (a 2004 Audi S4 wagon), I suspect I'll go a completely different direction (something like the new Mazda Miata MX5, if it is still in production, or maybe the rumored Honda S2000 update if such a thing happens). Only so much budget for this part of my life.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm not going to get one. I am still enjoying my SVT. It's the perfect balance of handling and power. For me, the RS (and even the ST) is too much. I can drive the SVT hard without drawing too much unwanted notice. With the capabilities of those other cars, it can't happen as often. Probably not a popular opinion but it is what it is.

BTWaid
02 SVT 207

141 - 160 of 180 Posts