Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Potato Camera Operator
8,401 Posts
Re: *Oh soooo early* New England Caravan

I am registered. Ted and I will be shooting down on Thursday. I'll be in the Focus, he'll be in the Duratec Merkur. If my buddy decides to crash the party (and not show his car, of course), he'll be in a slammed Scirocco. I know it takes forever to work through the traffic, but going through NYC is always one of my favorite parts of the trip, especially making noise in the tunnels. The George Washington has been resurfaced, so there are no worries for low cars.

BTW, we will be leaving from Hebron, CT, about 15-20 mins from I-84.

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

It's fun, but I find it more of a headache than anything else. I've driven around and in the city too much to go that close. I may consider it, but it isn't likely :(.

-Matt

·
Registered
85 Posts

I live in Utica ny and am planing on going this year. are you taking I-90 and passing the utica exist. if so could i meet up with you guys.

·
Registered
703 Posts

I am registered. Ted and I will be shooting down on Thursday. I'll be in the Focus, he'll be in the Duratec Merkur. If my buddy decides to crash the party (and not show his car, of course), he'll be in a slammed Scirocco. I know it takes forever to work through the traffic, but going through NYC is always one of my favorite parts of the trip, especially making noise in the tunnels. The George Washington has been resurfaced, so there are no worries for low cars.

BTW, we will be leaving from Hebron, CT, about 15-20 mins from I-84.
Going back through the gw was the biggest mistake I made last year. Took an hour and a half to get through bridge traffic just destroying my ankle and clutch lol

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Re: *Not Really That Early Anymore* New England Caravan

Plus, there is 3248090943858 idiots driving down there. Granted idiots are unavoidable, but when 99.7% of the cars are driven by idiots, it's not fun. Matt, I think you should know this just as well as me.. Avoiding **** at 75-80mph when your frame is ~1" from the pavement is bad enough, but add in all the concentration of brain-dead drivers all around you then it's just horrible.

-Matt

·
Potato Camera Operator
8,401 Posts
Re: *Not Really That Early Anymore* New England Caravan

Matt, I think this is going to be a date. I'll bring the wine coolers.

Changes to my plans: Bruce and Ted are both out, so I'm flying solo. Leaving from Colchester, unless we want to arrange something the night before. Is you dad coming?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts