Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start off with this thread so people can toss out what they felt worked for Focus Rising 13 and what didn't. Lay it all out. We want to make 14 the largest Focus Rising ever and I want us to get to 200 cars!

So lets hear it. What worked, what didn't, what would you like to see?

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
I think it was all around well. Things such as the limbo which weren't so organized at FR12, were much more orderly and organized. I almost missed that due to air issues. Blake and I got back just at the tail end of dinner/cookout/pizza fest, but it seemed as if that went through perfectly fine as normal. Our goody baggies was kind of just thrown together this year, which was a little "meh" in my opinion, but I know this wasn't done on purpose. I liked how we did it at the hotel previously, but I think doing it at our tent at the show field makes more sense as not everyone stays at the hotel or gets there before show day for numerous reasons. All in all, with all the changes with who was putting it together, I think Focus Rising as a whole was very well run. Jason, you and Ron did an amazing job for just you two. I know Jeremy and Mary are always big helps and we help you guys whenever we can, but last year I thought was truly amazing for how things were all shifted. Only thing I'd suggest, is everyone here exchanging numbers if they already haven't, because these are the people who want to help and are willing to so if/when something happens or you guys need help ASAP, whether it be tomorrow or when we're there on the field, you can get a hold of us or vice-versa.

I think we should break up the judging a little more, as in incorporate a few more people like we used to IIRC. Although, I'm not sure if last year just happened that way with everything that was going on.

-Matt

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Off to a great start Jason. Thank you for organizing this. This sub forum is a great way to discuss and plan.

What was good: Carlisle, location on the field at Carlisle, winning the largest club award, autocross, the entrance on Saturday, gathering in the parking lot of the hotel.

What didn't: Get attendees to mingle more, embrace the make, share in its history.

Suggestion, we really encourage attendees to judge cars and pick a Focus owner's favorite (amongst ourselves). I think this would expose newcomers to interact with old timers and do what we do best, talk cars.

We had 20 ST's last year, I'd like to see 40. Have a long way to go since I have only seen five confirmations including my own.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My only big complaint was how lazy people were at being responsible enough to clean up their trash at the pizza dinner. We are all grown up enough to know that we need to keep the lot clean if we plan to keep staying at that hotel. Other then that, considering the one bodily issue we had, everything went great. I agree with Matt on the passing goody bags out at the tent. Also, maybe some more organization for the hotel dinner party this year so we're not running everywhere for food last minute.

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
My only big complaint was how lazy people were at being responsible enough to clean up their trash at the pizza dinner.
Not only does it look bad on the Focus community but the car community as a whole. The major complaint we get from the town other than traffic is all the litter left around in and around town during a show weekend. Its pretty bad when you roll around town on Monday morning and seeing residents and business owners having to pick garbage left or thrown out by show goers out of their lawns and gardens.

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
I agree, that's unacceptable. We, as a community, should definitely try and lead by example.

-Matt
Carlisle people understand more because it is primarily a car show town and in the off season it is a college town. But most of you can relate to this, think of Carlisle after a show as Ocean City after H2Oi and how the OCMD community feels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts