·
Registered
883 Posts
Do they have a website?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Told you guys this was for real... Let them do their work and you will be extremely happy and surprised when it's ready ;-) I started this thread mainly to give people hope again after what I found out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Told you guys this was for real... Let them do their work and you will be extremely happy and surprised when it's ready ;-) I started this thread mainly to give people hope again after what I found out.
They are still not a tuning company and would require hardware in order to tune the vehicle. They've already said there was nobody from SCT there.

·
Registered
615 Posts
We heard rumors like this over on the Fiesta side of things since pre-release of that tivct engine. Even from some SCT folks. Still nada.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Regardless of anything I am not going to hold my breath. If they can pull it off yay! If not C'est la vie

·
Registered
768 Posts
There are more players than SCT. This is good news.
It's not really anything right now. We know only that a tuning garage is working on a Focus. I could whip out a few hundred, walk over to my local tuning shop, and have them take a crack at it with OpenECU or their SCT flashers and software. The overall status of things would be the same.

I'm rapidly concluding that if the car's going to be quick, it'll be in weight savings, suspension, and tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's not really anything right now. We know only that a tuning garage is working on a Focus. I could whip out a few hundred, walk over to my local tuning shop, and have them take a crack at it with OpenECU or their SCT flashers and software. The overall status of things would be the same.

I'm rapidly concluding that if the car's going to be quick, it'll be in weight savings, suspension, and tires.
I'm here to tell ya that you will be excited when everything comes to light. By the way our batch of test vehicles has grown.........:cool:

I can't think of anyone that would park over $40k worth of cars in their parking lot for a hoax. This is for real, and things are getting more exciting by the day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can say that real work is being done, and tuning will be offered. It isn't ready yet, but things are definitely happening. Matter of fact our little test car has a companion.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yep, been following that thread since it got posted. Hopefully this means a tune for our cars within the near future.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not to plan devils advocate but that software is what Ford uses; ie, it is very very expensive (5k+). It also requires the use of specific hardware to flash the processor (aftermarket tools 1k+.) Anything is possible but unless something has been developed there, they will only be able to bring cars to their shop and flash them there. That may work for some, but not all. If that is what they plan to do I am not sure how the customer benefits as they will not be able to make changes on their own, will not be able to datalog on their own and will not be able to return to stock on their own.

Injected is or was an SCT dealer so my intent is not to bash them. I am again just pointing out the facts.

Say what you will but SCT develops the entire package for the customer and our dealers. Regardless of what I say, I am sure there will be those who reply with negative posts about us. I will check with our marketing department though. We have kept our development rather quiet....but trust me when I say that we are working on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not to plan devils advocate but that software is what Ford uses; ie, it is very very expensive (5k+). It also requires the use of specific hardware to flash the processor (aftermarket tools 1k+.) Anything is possible but unless something has been developed there, they will only be able to bring cars to their shop and flash them there. That may work for some, but not all. If that is what they plan to do I am not sure how the customer benefits as they will not be able to make changes on their own, will not be able to datalog on their own and will not be able to return to stock on their own.

Injected is or was an SCT dealer so my intent is not to bash them. I am again just pointing out the facts.

Say what you will but SCT develops the entire package for the customer and our dealers. Regardless of what I say, I am sure there will be those who reply with negative posts about us. I will check with our marketing department though. We have kept our development rather quiet....but trust me when I say that we are working on it.
Yes we are a SCT dealer. That is also not to say that we haven't been able to do the things you have mentioned in this post. We have always had a great relationship with SCT and have no reason to change that. SCT is not the only company capable of making things happen though.

Blivit, could please have admin contact me? We would like to get some literature on becoming a vendor. I sent a pm to a mod, but I still haven't received a answer.

Thanks,
Aron

41 - 60 of 71 Posts