Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... Initially I thought I needed a fuel filler neck replacement.. But now I'm not so sure..
When refueling the gas pump nozzle clicks as if its full... First it began only allowing me to put 10 bucks worth of fuel in. Then 5, then .60...
Yesterday morning I nearly ran out of gas (my fuel guage isnt working) so I stopped and could only put $8 in due to the faulty fill up click.. Once I had driven south about an hour I stopped to put more in. Literally took me 10 mims to put $3 in.. So I went inside to pay, came back out and boom.. Gas was everywhere. The tank seems fine without any holes and the leak seemed to come from the top of the tank. Gas was coming down from all over the tank. So I let it finish leaking and I drove it home.. Yes I smelled gas but I didnt blow up... Whats the issue?! Lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's probably going to be your evap valve went bad. When this happens the gas gun trigger will just keep *click*ing like your tank is full, over and over even if there's almost no gas in there. On the flip side it can also NOT disengage when the tank is full causing fuel to spew everywhere, and could also not let fuel enter the tank properly causing a back up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts