Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to buy a game console, mostly for driving sims (loved Gran Turismo on the original Play Station, still play it a little), and I was thinking that PS4 with the new GT would be the way to go.

But, after seeing the graphics on the newest Forza I might be heading to XBOX land.

Can anyone make at recommendations between the 2 platforms?

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
I have a Xbox One... It's OK. It doesn't set my world on fire, and as of late I haven't been wanting to turn it on. But I am also completely underwhelmed by this generation of gaming consoles. Both Sony and Microsoft know that their offerings were lacking because they are both making "Upgraded" versions of their systems. Sony already released the PS4 Pro. It's a PS4 with better graphical capabilities, and Microsoft is working on Project Scorpio. That's supposed to be the "Most Powerful console ever" according to them, but at the same time; it will not be competing with high end PC gaming rigs...

I'm not excited for either console, and because of a few stupid decisions by Microsoft and now Sony in regards to steering wheel compatibility I'm going PC. Yes the Scorpio is going to cost about $500, but for a bout $200 more I can build a PC that will man handle it, and I won't be locked into only using peripherals that Microsoft says I can use. Spending $350 for a wheel and pedal set, only to be told that I need a new more expensive wheel and pedal set, still stings.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Neither. Primarily for the reasons that Wilko mentioned. But that's me. Im done being hamstrung by bottom shelf hardware (i.e. consoles).

But... For the average Joe that just wants to sit down and play... It's a tough call. I like both Forza and Gran Turismo and both have their pros and cons. Don't make your decision on how pretty something is. Make your decision on how functional it is. Pretty pictures are just icing on the cake. Both look good, but if you want to get down to the basic nitty gritty. I think GT has the edge in overall mechanics.

You really want to get a good sim? Forget the consoles altogether. Save up and build a PC. Besides, with Windows 10, you'll potentially have access to the new Forza.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts