Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so I am looking for a push button start. But... I am also looking for a proximity pats system. Meaning I want to be sitting in my car and not have to put the key in the ignition to start it. I know dodges and jeeps have them.

I know what push button I want (obviously the one everyone wants)
I know where I want to put it (obviously in the cigarette outlet because lets be honest... who uses it?)
I know most of the wiring and how to install it

What I dont know, is how to install/get the PATS system to work on a radius of more than 5 inches....

Any help from you gurus?

EDIT.... sorry for my stupidness... mods can you move this to MK1 or SVT headquarters?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey so i know its a sensitive subject when people advertise but i saw your post and believe we have a system that completely suites your needs. we have a wide variety of buttons to choose from but since you already have one chosen we could always modify to work with our system if need be. here is a link to the system its a complete passive keyless entry and keyless push to start button. the passive rfid range is 5-10 feet from the vehicle. hope this helps you out. http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/KEYLESS-IGNITION-AUTO-PKE-PBS-COMBO-PG-1.htm

if you have any questions or comments please feel free to send me a message or give us a call

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
I've been toying around with the pushbutton start and I've gone through 2 buttons. They seem to burn out for some reason. At 40.00 a pop, I can't keep replacing them. Everything is wired up correctly per the directions...so I'm just curious to know if anyone has a solution?

dave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts