Ford Focus Forum banner

121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
Completed the Caterham 320 stand-in race. It reminded me of the stock Cobra races in Forza 1. Thank goodness that is over, I am finally moving on the the GT cars. After driving the 320, the GT's seem easy. And i now have a new level of hatred for Brands Hatch.

·
Coffee Medium
152 Posts
If you think thats hard wait till you have to do the stand in race in the Koenigsegg that was HARD!!!

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Attention Race pro players...
MACAU...
That is all...

The Apollo is easy to drive. Macau is tough as heck. I tried to put some practice laps in before the race, and I am having a tough time with the course and the car.
I am going to look for a recommended control setup cause my car is not responsive enough for the course and, if I tighten up the dead space, then I have a hard time on the straightaways. Right now I am running with a dead zone of 15%. I will see what the ppl on forzamotorsport.net are using.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
^ Basically that is what they are all saying. I feel like I am driving a 1983 Chevy van. No resistance when going straight, and a black hole for a dead zone to boot. ARG!

I did win the race though, the Ai is even more afraid of Macau than I am. :lol:
Now for the next session of GT hair pullers.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Warning: Wilko is rambling. Beware!

The F3000 almost rawks. Yes I said almost. There is one little problem that is holding it back. 156mph.

It is mind warping-ly fast, but not quite the speed I was hoping for. I wish it could crack 200mph, still it is fun as heck.

Something I remember reading about a F1 drive, is that the writer said the course turned into a series of corners. IMO that kind of happens with the F3000 in the game. I took the car around Laguna Seca, and it was a point and shoot festival. After about a half hour, the rhythm of the car on the course was putting me into a trance. I almost felt as if I could drive it blind folded. I think a F1 would be about the same except the time between the corners would be allot shorter.

Well I am rambling again. I finally got to run some online races. I raced some guys from across the pond, and easily beat them. I think I found a group of armatures. Later that night Dukman and I played it. It was OK. I didn't like how I couldn't switch classes w/o killing the session. But the practice before hand was pretty cool.

I would like to run against some more ppl in a private session. Anyone willing to race?

·
Coffee Medium
152 Posts
Wilko i had to adjust my gearing in those cars to get it quicker down the straights

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
SOME NEWS!

I just got a update for this game. So far things seem to be in order except I still had to use the 2nd player work around to get FFB with the wheel.

So far I noticed...

the #12 F3000 is locked.

You cant skip to the E events. You must go through the D events now.

There are banners that tell you what mode of play you are in. Example when racing you will see "Race" centered at the top of your screen.

The rumble effects have been turned up. :)

Anyone want to play later tonight, send me a invite. This is Wednesday, and we could win some wireless accessories.

·
Registered
266 Posts
List of fixes to the game

The main enhancements and issues addressed in the Title Update are as follows:

MULTIPLAYER UPDATE

- Fixed bug causing the game to crash when 12 players have joined and left a multiplayer game - Disallow connections to host if they are not waiting for players.
- Fixed the ”fast forward” / speed bug currently generating some unrealistic race times in leaderboards.
- Fixed problem with lap times being reported to the wrong leaderboard when moving on to the next track in multiplayer.
- Fixed problem of a player joining during session activation causing the client to get stuck in the loading screen.
- Fixed issue when creating a session with downloaded car and inviting a player that doesn’t have the car
- Fixed name of tracks on servers list when players do several sessions in a row
- Fixed incorrect race length value seen in game list screen
- Fixed transparent car that appears after un-pausing in multiplayer qualification
- Fixed the incorrect message that appears when attempting to access multiplayer without a gamer profile signed–in and if selecting Multiplayer with an offline gamer profile
- Set default host option of qualification to NO in multiplayer for players that have never hosted a game in Race Pro before
- New messages: Display some session info in-game so players can recognize where in the game they are
- New messages: Add a specific multiplayer loading tip showing 50% of loading time in player match only.

GENERAL UPDATE

- Fixed performance drop while driving over curb
- Improved deformation of cars
- Fixed hot seat start position problems
- Removed dangerous driving dialogues when entering loading screen
- Fixed crash when the player tries to enter the end pit driving backwards and wants to restart the race after the losing message
- Fixed some localization bugs
- Locked F3000 car #12 and unlocked the Corvette C5R since there is no contract for it in Career mode
- Fixed validation for replay files to allow replay files saved between year 2000 and 2099
- Fixed sound bug making Doppler effect of other cars sound corrupt in swing cam
- Fixed force feedback detection for wheels and slightly improved strength of force
- Adjusted the Seat Leon Extreme Tryout time
- Fixed sound bug making the rev sounds on some cars not transition smoothly (including Mini Cooper and BMW M3 GTR)
- Fixed sound bug with the force calculation of picking the correct collision sound

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
^ OH I DO!

Sasuke looks at Naruto and says;
"You are the one I want to race the most."

Speaking of which, it is Naruto Shippuden time. :D

·
Coffee Medium
152 Posts
So wilko any time your on RP and want to get a race goin tell me cause im tired of racing with random ppl who cheat and what not.

Now about this force feedback for the wheel how did you adjust it?

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
^ Will do.

FFB on the wheel? It's working for you? I still have to log in as player 2 inorder to get my FFB to work.

·
Coffee Medium
152 Posts
ah so i guess ill log in as 2nd player and try it

·
Registered
168 Posts
when i was using my wheel the ffb was working normally as player one. Is this something that has just started happenning recently? Cause i havent been on for some time with race pro.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I don't know. The FFB was fine in player 1 spot. The rumble was non existent. Thats why I did the 2nd player thing. But now I get nothing in the 1 player spot.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Here is the latest over at Xbox.com about the title update...

I know; what the hell is up with the Advatar? :lol:

link

121 - 140 of 168 Posts