Ford Focus Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I have been Jones'n for some Racepro all week. I guess I will be able to get my fill after the second yob.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Not a matter of popular opinion, because; to each their own but, I wonder what others think. Are the sounds of Race Pro are un-bearingly bad?

I would have videos here, but not being able to see Youtube vids at work, I just wanted to get the discussion going. I am interested to see what everyone thinks out of curiosity. Is the sounds what primarliy kill the game for you? Is it something else. Please explain.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
The audio and video presentation in RP as a whole was just terribad. The colors and contrast were crushing and gave the game a gritty look. It literally looked worse than GT4 as far as trackside detail, car models, and even audio. The sounds seemed very compressed and electronic.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
The physics are (mostly) there but the sound and visuals make it difficult to go back to the game. Just watching the videos you've posted make me cringe.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
There is a lot I like about the sound and visuals. To me, it comes across as gritty and raw. I can see where others are put off by the game, because we are constantly fed eye and ear candy. But Race Pro goes straight for realism, no matter how ugly. I like that.

·
4,107 Posts
But I don't mean it sounds gritty, like my Focus did, I mean it sounds like a lot of noise found it's way into the audio through compression. My Focus was a fart cannon, raspy and popping on decel, but it was a clean raspy, popping ****ty fart cannon sound. Race Pro is just too electronic, much the same way Gran Turismo cars are simply variables of a simulated exhaust note spread over 1200 cars.

As for visuals, absolute lack of AA coupled with a 30FPS frame rate didn't make it look very good. The texture work was pretty grainy, and the lighting was just dark.

I enjoyed the game, I liked what it was striving for, but the X360 was not up to it, at least not with that team's ability.

·
4,107 Posts
I feel as though I have seemed very harsh towards the game there, I will say, in terms of realistic simulation, you won't see much better with as much car variety on the X360. The game belongs in a tier above the sims like GT and Forza. I am sure most of the reason the graphics and audio took a hit was that the simulation engine they were running was better than the hardware really allowed. I am sure not having a large budget or team like PD or T10 didn't help either. Forza 4 is pretty, and plays nice, but it's too pretty and plays a bit too nice.

I agree that the game is gritty and rough by design, I just think it's another kind of gritty and rough on top of that :)

161 - 168 of 168 Posts