Ford Focus Forum banner

SE Sport Pckg and Aftermarket Springs?

8K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Philn 
#1 ·
So, in light of the developing discussion here (welcome to our new member, by the way!), I'm wondering if it's not necessarily a terrible idea to throw on some aftermarket lowering/sport springs on a Focus equipped with the SE Sport Package without changing dampers.

I know that, overall, the ideal setup is getting coilovers, but since I won't be able to spring for that (see what I did there? Okay, sorry) for a good while, I'm wondering what peoples' thoughts and experiences with the newst Focus are on this matter.

#2 ·
As there hasn't been a lot of experimentation yet with suspensions on the new focus, I would say it might be possible.

However, I think still, as with most suspensions, putting in springs with stock dampeners is a bad idea. I would think they will still wear out prematurely.

#3 ·
eibach pro springs doesnt lower a car enough to effect the dampers, atleast in my experience. my first suspension was just that eibach pros on the stock dampers drove great until 35k when i installed a saleen kit

#4 ·
I'm running the Eibach Pro kit springs on my SE Sport, and I'm a little underwhelmed. Granted, they're a big improvement, but this car needs help in the damping department, big time. Ford made it too soft to appease the tastes of fat americans.

#5 ·
I'm running Sportlines with Specialty Products adjustable rear arms. Great ride, firm but not stiff. Only 2600 on the car though and maybe 800 on the drop.

#6 ·
I wonder if anyone's thrown the H&R Sport Lowering springs. The advertised drop is 1.4 front, 1.3 rear. If I recall, that's a little bit more than the Eibach sportlines.

#8 ·
I have since 400 miles on my SE Sport Package. No issues running on 235/35/19s

#7 ·
I put the Eibach Pros on mine last weekend, and it is a good compromise between comfort and wanting to have a little fun in the corners. Body roll isn't all that bad, and I'm impressed with even in stock trim how little there is. If you want to get rid of roll, add some bigger sway bars

#10 · (Edited)
#12 · (Edited)
Oh, that looks very good. You've got the same wheels I do on my hatch (in fact, if I hadn't liked red candy as much as I do, I'd have gone with race red too--or is that RC? Hard to tell in that pic, Either way;. Hot car, dude). Thanks for sharing! Expensive rear arms though.

1.5 negative camber Thank god because I would rub like a bitch otherwise.

245/35/19 No rubbing on H&Rs
Looks great! Those are your new Monoblocks, right? Looks pushed without too much slam, very, very nice! I'm a fan. How's the ride now?

#13 ·
It's Red Candy. I work for O'Reilly so I got the springs and both arms for under 325.00 employee pricing. The springs OSP from Comp Specialties and the arms we stock in our DC's so overnight to the store. I have the black 17's on it now but I think I'm going to sell them and go back to the 16's.

Thanks :) I like it. Just got my wife a 2012 Escape and she still gets mad cuz I won't let her drive mine.

Also just went on a trip from Clackamas to Eugene, then to the coast. Averaged 36+mpg with the hwy and driving around Lincoln City. Love it.

#15 · (Edited)
Wassup do you have stock shocks touring shocks or ti sport shocks? Im running sportlines with the se sport package touring shocks and its fine for me.
ive got about 6800 miles on my car with like 2k on the drop maybe more. Not perfect but works till the shocks blow and I get coils this thing handles like its on rails and I got about 2.2 and 2.4 camber in the rear lol stock arms for now till I get my spcs on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

edit: got about 10k on the car now under hard driving its still good just wishing shocks would blow i dont like soft springs they are nice but i gotta have coilovers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.