Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! Requesting a little help on the photoshoping front. The paint has been peeling off of my side skirts for a bit now, and I might be buying Roush replacements anyway, still mulling over the idea. This request might aid me in my decision to do so, as I don't want to have to color match them if I get them.

I have a silver/black thing going on for my car, with red pinstriping on my motegis that I want to use on the rest of the car too perhaps. My curiosity is if I had my side skirts a clear-coated black, like glossy and not flat,would that look decent or like I just haven't gotten around to painting them? Flat black would definitely give the primer look, but a gloss black might look finished and sweet. Perhaps a red pinstripe on the skirts also separating the silver and black to draw attention to the contrast. What do you guys think?

If you guys have some time, do you think you could gloss black my sideskirts on the photo below to give me a taste of the final product? I can try to get a complete side shot of the car later tonight if it would be easier to shop and better show the look. Thanks everyone!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eph4Pz1XxORdDzTpH1V-EbXXDzgDq2hhgrJgoyHbWIk?feat=directlink

H
ere is a side shot of it if it'd be easier to shop. Thanks again!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/YILSSEFUtnHPMkdoQcDFe7XXDzgDq2hhgrJgoyHbWIk?feat=directlink

·
Registered
489 Posts
I can probably help you friend =)
Only had a few questions. On the side skirts, since you wanted a pinstripe, did you want the top portions of the side skirts red and the rest glossy black? If you look at the side angle pic you can see it has dimension on the top, heres and example what Im talking about placement wise.
Sorry if I'm confusing you Im still learning lol

Forgot something, so you also want the front lip that looks like its matt black in a gloss too or leave matt? just makin sure.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Sam! Thanks for the quick response!

For the pinstripe, go ahead and fill that entire upward facing facet on the skirt with the red, something a little darker than primary I'd think. The front lip, as well as the rear diffuser, are definitely staying matte, as I scrape way to many parking stones to try to keep a shine on that sucker.

The rear fascia is also going to stay silver for now; if that gets painted, it will be part of a phase 2 at a later date. But then again, if it looks like crap with a solid fascia, I could look into the investment of doing it as well as the skirts in one go. Do you think I could get a pic with and without the rear fascia colored? I was just thinking having that fascia blacked would make tire slung grime a little harder to see. For sure a plus!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Oh its no prob at all!

So the read bottom bumper you want the same as the side skirts? The top where the hatch is (red) and the rest black as well?
Sorry I'm a newb DX
As for the front yes I totally understand, I let that slip my mind for a sec about the paint job on that lol
Also if you can can you get another side angle of your vehicle? Reason being is cause the light is glaring really badly even when adjusting the exposure settings and levels is hard lol I can work on the current ones I got to see what I can come up with ^^

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sorry for the double post, not used to this new [FJ] interface lol xD

Heres 2 examples of the side angled ones, but like I said if you can get a better pic of the side angle it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry I couldnt so much photo filters, dont have all my tools with atm on my laptop since I'm out of town lol

Heres one with the black and red, and one with just the black and the red portions are the original focus body color.

Working on the side angled one now.

***EDIT***
Heres the other ones.

I prolly plan on reduing these when I'm back at my apt IF its needed for you =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts