Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'd like to get a couple of famous, infamous, or well-known Focus or Fiesta builds to exhibit at our tent this year. SEMA builds, show cars, TV cars, etc.

If you have a line, or connection, to any car you think might be good, please let me know here.

Even if you don't have any direct connection, feel free to post your suggestions.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
The Green Filter car. I know the CEO and director of marketing. I think it has been mentioned that that car would be there already.

There are a lot of great SEMA cars but I think most are from the West Coast so getting them to the show is costly.

These are a few that come to mind. The Cosworth Car is in California, Green Filter Car is in PA. Not sure where the Gulf car is. Ron, Can you get the Rally Innovations Car There? What about a ST Academy car? What About Foust's car. Could Ford get them there?

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
The Gulf will be in the Tjin Edition Booth - Already tired to get it elsewhere, there is a contract with UTI on that one.

The Green Filters is mine for a display I'm doing where I'm pairing it with a Sprint Car from the late 30's

Aaron Vaccar is a possibility but he just used the coilovers out of the front of his MK3 Sedan for his Transit that is a current Ford on the dollar car program.

I do meet with Ford and Clor on Monday...... although mind you it is a HEAVY Mustang, Transit, and F150 year. Last year was the ST and Raptor year.

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
Also mind you (inside info) Ford had their event costs trimmed by 40% this year across the board for all events. Getting them to provide something is slim to none.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I figured the cost factor was an issue. Didn't know about the budget cuts but was aware that it was the year of the Mustang and F150. Transits were the featured car on the Ford display this year at SEMA.

Oh well, glad to hear the Green Filter Car is going to be there, to bad it and the Gulf cars are tied to displays.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
He might drive for VW now but what happened to all the parts he was going to produce and sell through Ford Dealerships. When I spoke with him he said minimally they would be available through Ford Racing. Now that VW is paying him more to drive their car, all that's gone and done?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts