Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
At least once more in the theater, maybe twice. I couldn't wrangle Imax tickets for opening, and I didn't want to have any chance of spoilers, so I saw it in regular 3d.

·
****ney-4-Life!
3,685 Posts
At least once more in the theater, maybe twice. I couldn't wrangle Imax tickets for opening, and I didn't want to have any chance of spoilers, so I saw it in regular 3d.
Is it any good though...I'm thinking of taking the kids to see this one...I was about 16 when the first one came out.

It'll squesse me about $180 with food, drinks and nibbles.

So is IT WORTH IT?

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Dude, that's like almost $300 USD? How big is your family??? :lol:

I've been getting messages and texts from people all day saying it is definitely worth it if you are a fan of the movies (Read: original three). Though I did have one friend who was upset as he felt the movie wasn't appropriate for his six year old. :what:

The guys I am going to see it with on Christmas Day are swearing not to see it before then, but I'm not sure I can hold out. :lol: Plus I've heard it's going to be one of those you see more than once in the theaters.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Al... You can do it. Be strong. I want to see it just as badly, but I must wait until the fat man from the North Pole is finished flogging his Reindeer on the 24th.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Just saw it, and it was pretty good.

I remember seeing the first one in the theater. The original un-remastered trilogy are great movies. I still have the original Star Wars lunch box I carried in first grade. With the original thermos, that still smelled like grape juice when I opened it.

Not worth very much as a collectible, the handle is broken (mom had gotten it too close to the coffee pot one morning while packing it, and it melted and got thin). Also dented to heck from where I used it to knock out a held back 4th grader who used to beat me up on the bus every day (guy was 13 or 14 picking on a 6 year old. Knocked him flat with a lunchbox haymaker, never bothered me again after that).

Anyway, other than having to sit through at least 8 or 10 previews (at least 10 minutes), and the sound being turned up WAY TOO LOUD it was a good movie. I could see Abram's fondness for New Zealand in the last scene where the heroine is looking for the Jedi Temple.

And the first movie (#1 in my mind) wasn't meant to be a kid's movie. It was a sci-fi movie that kids happened to latch on to. After the original trilogy, the next 3 started writing them for children. Case in point, that stupid pseudo rasta Jar Jar Binks with the speech impediment. "Me'sa this, and Me'sa that"

When Disney bought the rights from Lucas, I thought we'd see the downfall of the franchise. Really thought there'd be more crossovers, "Woody, I am your fah-ther!"

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So is it true that Jar-Jar Binks and a bunch of Ewoks were maliciously slaughtered by a dual light saber wielding Robo-Vader during the opening credits?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
So is it true that Jar-Jar Binks and a bunch of Ewoks were maliciously slaughtered by a dual light saber wielding Robo-Vader during the opening credits?
Darth Trump deported all of them far, far, far away.....to another dimension.

·
2,958 Posts
I liked what I was able to pay attention to. Saw it in an Alamo Drafthouse and there were distractions. Had a five year old next to me that didn't talk but she did fidget the entire movie, but she was there with her dad and older brother who were both enraptured with the movie. Dad looked to be about my age and was probably saddled with the kids every movie he gets to see, so I didn't make an issue of it. Our waiter and servers sucked though. Fairly regular interruptions took away from the experience. I didn't choose Drafthouse, my buddy did because he only sees movies there. So that's where we all went.

Going to see it again this weekend in IMAX.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
SPOILER!!!

Actually, I liked it, but found it to be about 40% of a remake of the original (4), except that all the old criticisms were meticulously avoided by casting and plot, and some of the scenes were upgraded and/or updated.

EastAl, I feel that pain, but it's an old fading pain... you should like the IMAX experience MUCH more... try 3D, it was worth it enough.

·
2,958 Posts
I've actually never seen anything in IMAX so this should be a treat for sure. Probably won't see it in 3D mostly because I already wear glasses and the 3D glasses over my own never work right.

I just want to be able to focus this time around... plus maybe catch some details I may have missed the first time around. ;)

41 - 54 of 54 Posts