Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I own a focus 2014 navigator on a 1.6 diesel, so a few weeks ago a neighbour asked for a jump start, which I gladly agreed to help, but unfortunately I could not get their car to start, 3 weeks on and I am having issues with mine starting so not sure if that cause my issue or not, so I bought a brand new battery 10 days ago, and hooray I thought that fixed my issue, 2 days ago it would not start again after a long night run, the next morning it was dead, so I got a jump start from my daughter, and I decided to stick a volt meter on the battery for a bit to check the voltage I let it run for 10 mins and the whole time the voltage kept dropping, it seemed to stop and 11.9 to 12.0 volts so I came to the conclusion my alternator must be shot, so I got a new one fitted yesterday and now today again my car will not start, I have had the battery checked incase of me using it for the last week or more maybe without the alternator powering it, but the garage said its showing 640 amp s so it has no fault, now I am lost what to do I have tried taking it on a long run to charge her up, but once I turn her off and try to restart later I just get a single click from my starting motor :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
First off all find electricity leak. If you have voltmeter, switch it to ampere meter mode and detach "+" from battery. Then attach it to COM port of voltmeter and second wire from here to "+" of car. After that you should check nums. It might be less than 20ma. If not, detach one by one fuses till you find where electricity leak.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before trying to help to your neighbour is your car starting fine? did you ever face that issue before? I think it can also ignition issue probably and also check electric wires, one of my friend had a similar issue his car got off on the road so he had to take a car towing service then we checked so there was a wiring issue and we fix that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts