Ford Focus Forum banner

SVT discontinued parts master thread.

88K views 99 replies 48 participants last post by  hEaT 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So, right off the top of my head the following are no longer available.

Body/Exterior:

Front bumper cover
Front lip
Upper front grill
Side skirts

Driveline/Hub/Brakes:

Front knuckles
Rear caliper brackets
CV shafts

Engine Auxiliary:

Upper Power steering line
Clutch hydraulic line clips

Engine:

Oil cooler (early Escape 2.0 Zetec cooler works though)

Exhaust:

Engine half of the cat bracket

Interior:

Seat covers
Door trim panels
HVAC bezel
Side seat plastics
B-pillar trim pins (3-door)
Instrument cluster
Auxiliary gauges

I know there's more, but that's what comes to mind right now.

-Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
This was a great suggestion and now a great "advanced warning" system... Thanks Steve! :thumbup:

Side skirts
Top exhaust bracket

But CV shafts?! :bang: That is not good. Anybody know if there is a way to repair them when one wears out?

#6 ·
Rock Auto has the drivers side CV half shaft, and NAPA clearly shows both. Reasonable prices.

#8 ·
It wasn't another dealer, it's a place that buys obsolete parts direct from Ford and they still show 122 on hand. I wouldn't consider them discontinued until they run out.

-Steve

#12 ·
Vintage is the only place I'll buy Obsolete parts because everything they have is new n the box and came direct from Ford.

Buying obsolete from other dealers you're at their mercy, no way to be sure of the condition of the part or how/where it's been stored. I've been burned several times by dealers on obsolete parts.

-Steve

#13 ·
Hmmm, I have a front bumper cover sitting in my barn that I was going to put on my old SVTF until it got totalled after Hurricane Sandy. Perhaps I should sell it.

#17 ·
VPI is doing some of the Ford stuff now? That's nice to hear, especially for lower production stuff that might otherwise get scrapped.

Not so nice some stuff is unavailable but good to have a thread to track what's gone. I knew some of the stuff was discontinued but not all of those. Speaking of parts no longer available, is there any common failure stuff that might be good to stock up on that's about to run out?

#19 ·
This thread is a great idea Steve!

Umm..a discontinued part thread for non SVT focus parts, and Ford Racing parts wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I suppose those lists might take quite a time to compile, but might save time on the constant parts requests for stuff that's not available anymore,assuming people look at it.

#24 ·
Thought I'd post this here for reference.

Cat to flex and flex to exhaust gaskets (same gasket). None of the major parts chains could get them. (NAPA, Oreiley's, CARQUEST, Autozone, Advance Auto) Luckily Rock Auto had them in stock.

VICTOR REINZ Part # F32151 More Info Multi-Layered Steel
Converter; Rear $5.00

#30 ·
Thought I'd post this here for reference.

Cat to flex and flex to exhaust gaskets (same gasket). None of the major parts chains could get them. (NAPA, Oreiley's, CARQUEST, Autozone, Advance Auto) Luckily Rock Auto had them in stock.

VICTOR REINZ Part # F32151 More Info Multi-Layered Steel
Converter; Rear $5.00
You can get that gasket (and any gasket for Foci exhaust) from Remflex... and they are the best for not leaking and sealing irregular surfaces, like non-stock parts may have.

Steve,
I know it's not specifically an SVT part, but it is a Ford Racing part that used to find a home on some track-worthy SVTs... the adjustable rear sub-frame (RIP).

#26 ·
Sorry to have to tell you this but your buddy is doing it wrong.

The SVT e-brake cables are most certainly not discontinued, Ford has almost 50 sets left in stock between three depots.

-Steve

#28 ·
Thanks for those posting up alternatives and their associated part numbers; as that will be our only choice sooner than later.

Thanks again to Steve for verifying what is and is not still available as OEM. :thumbup:

#31 ·
I've found a glitch of sorts in the AutoZone system. Their computers will not pull up the SVT version when searching by car. I found this cause I have a friend that works at one and we were trying to find the passenger side engine mount. We tried every version, every vin number, anything we could. No luck. But when I found the part number myself and have it to them suddenly they could find it. Try that, get the part number yourself and give them that. Searching by car at AutoZone is pointless for an SVT

#33 ·
I have that ps line in the bag. I never installed it and remembered i did when i cut the zipties off my line when gettin zetec ready to come out for the swap. I also found a new cat bracket when building my new shed for the buildup. Crazyness. Any1 want these since they are discon'd? R

#37 ·
Upper front grill is no longer available. Mine got taken out by a chunk of pavement thrown up by the car in front of me two weeks ago. Put a nice crease in the hood too.

#42 ·
Steve, I need the upper front grill for my 2002 SVT Focus. Can you still get these?
Hey guys, I have a euro grill mounted, and there is an intact SVT grill sitting in my garage (also have a stock Focus grill with one tab split). I wasn't thinking about selling it, in case I wanted to return the car to North American stock condition some day, after the car is considered a "classic", but if somebody REALLY wants it, and they hit my selling point... well. I might have to pay five times that much 15 years down the road, but that will be "then", and this is "now". I will not be advertising this in the "for sale" section or anywhere, because I really don't want to be without it, but everything (almost) has a price. If you want, PM me an offer, it might work out. If not this way, then you can always go with euro headlights and euro grill.

#43 ·
Hi guys,
Just want to add a BIG "Thank you" to Steve and to Matt Rowe from Speedway Recyclers. I bent my Header, killed by front O2 Sensor and Cat and also damaged my Pressure tubing to the Rack and Pinion steering. I hit raised Manhole cover on a road under construction. I couldn't find the Header anywhere, so I made a call to Stever, who directed me to Matt. He had one and is sending it to me. Add the Header to the list of parts Ford doesn't have and doesn't have a date to when, and if it will be available. Tim

#46 ·
just talked to steve and other then possible aftermarket stock there is 1 torsen T2 left. FRPP discontinued it. figured this would be the place to put the heads up on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.