Ford Focus Forum banner

861 - 875 of 875 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I know it has been a long time for me and it seems the NC division is pretty much dead but I have some random news. My poor focus was in an accident on the 31st. Euro front bumper is pretty much trashed. Some idiot pulled in front of me and I couldn't stop in time. Right from section of the bumper, quarter panel and headlight are all messed up.
Working with insurance company, I think they are just going to write me a check and I might order a Rieger front with some new ST170's.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. It always gets me when some idiot not paying attention causes an accident. I can't count how many times people have pulled out in front of me, and my car is Comp Orange! Good luck with the new bumper. I think the Rieger would look sweet on your car. Don't forget to post pics after you get it put on.

I agree things are pretty dead here. I wish I could help organize some G2G's like I did in the past, but things are a little tough right now. I've been unemployed since March of last year, so any trips are a little out of the question. I'm expecting something to change soon, though. When things level out financially, I may try to see if I can help whip up some kind of reunion G2G for those of us still on here in the late spring/early summer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey GrndZero, I'm in Greenville NC and my parents (and in-laws) live in Fayetteville, so I'm there on weekends occasionally. I'd love to meet up with other focus owners. I currently have a silver 2002 SVT with JRSC, race header (no cat), borla center exhaust, konis, OZ wheels, etc. I desperately want a euro rear bumper, and to quiet my exhaust a bit. I found a stock header, and I will likely get a high flow cat and flex pipe combo from dominant engineering. I also have a lead on the bumper I want, but don't have funds available till later this month.

Sorry to hear about your euro front. Where will you order a Reiger from? Where did you get your Euro stuff from?
Chris

·
Registered
933 Posts
Let me know if you need help installing the bumper. I'm moving back to Fayetteville with wife and kid in march. Picked up a focus as a dd again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Decided I am just going to let the body shop put a stock back on going through insurance. I would love to get the Reiger but it just isn't in the cards this time around. I did re-order some new ST170 headlights again though. This will be my third set through the years. I can't mention where I got this stuff from as the board owner does not like the person you get them from so he filters the web address when ever it is typed into the forum.
If you have been around this forum long enough you probably know what site I am talking about though. I would love to meet up with you sometime on the weekends Chris. Just send me a PM about what weekend and a time and location.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'm still around guys!! Finally after 170,000 miles my clutch started to slip alot more so i just had it replaced. Still trying to keep it looking ok....that darn red paint fades so bad. If i'm off i'd be up for a get together.

·
Registered
147 Posts

Here the fleet. 63vw unfinished, 02 SVTF supercharged, and a 08 Mazda 5 on 18" MRR HR3. If I'm in Fayetteville, I'm driving the Mazda 5, but if I'm in Greenville, I'm in the SVTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dig those wheels on the 5. I tried taking the old lady into letting me get an Odyssey and she is anti-minivan. Instead, she would rather rill around in a 13.5 mpg Armada.

Le sigh.

We had 6.5" here as measured by my ruler. I took my car out for a few hours during the catastrophic event to see how impaired it might be and the only place I got stuck was in my driveway upon my return.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I didn't realize you were in Lake Wylie. I just moved to Gastonia.... actually it's a half mile up 274 from the NC/SC border.

My car is in my garage getting fixed up right now actually, I hit a ditch. Passenger side lower control arm, tie rods, ball joint, cv axle.... all are replaced now though. I have to replace the radiator and front bumper, but it shouldn't be too long before I'm back on the road. I want to have a cookout or something with any Focus guys who want to show up (even if they no longer have a Focus!) I have plenty of room, could fit like 10 cars in my driveway lol maybe more.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. It always gets me when some idiot not paying attention causes an accident. I can't count how many times people have pulled out in front of me, and my car is Comp Orange! Good luck with the new bumper. I think the Rieger would look sweet on your car. Don't forget to post pics after you get it put on.

I agree things are pretty dead here. I wish I could help organize some G2G's like I did in the past, but things are a little tough right now. I've been unemployed since March of last year, so any trips are a little out of the question. I'm expecting something to change soon, though. When things level out financially, I may try to see if I can help whip up some kind of reunion G2G for those of us still on here in the late spring/early summer.

861 - 875 of 875 Posts