Ford Focus Forum banner

281 - 286 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sick! I never get tired of the pics you post of this car.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
So another update.

So as you can see above the main winter rebuild was complete, now just moving along the little jobs that arnt very exciting but do need done.

So first things first, The BMW :shock: ! Bought this back in March, lovely 340i Touring, replaced my trusty 335d and so far does everything just as good if not better! But it didn't have a tow-bar fitted! So bought the fancy electric auto fold out BMW job, retro fitted it and got it all working! Happy Days!

So rugged the focus (with easy) up to Calum Haynes Fabrications where he was tasked with making some side skirts!

Made out of alloy to keep the weight to a minimum i was handed the car back with theses!

They line up very very well to the kevlar panels! Follow the lines very nicely! Supper chuffed with them!

(ignor the exhaust)

Quick wrap and we had some side skirts :)

So next up was in my quest to get a bit more camber and in turn help turn in, power flex now do a rear bush for the lower arm that gives you another half degree caster, so while i was doing that i figured i might as well change the front bush for power flex's camber bush (off-centre bush that allows +- 0.5 degree of camber to be added) Quick phone to part-box and next day this lot showed up.

Old bushes were already power flex so removed them fairly easy and then installed the new ones.

One new bush'd arm! Il change the ball joints as well, They feel fine but they are a few years old now so might as well!

And lastly, I was told there was a rear bumper that matched the kit, placed an order and phoned up the other day to see what sorta delivery date i could expect, turns out there was no rear bumper and i had missed a message saying this. So i set about cutting up my standard bumper and making it fit.

Took alot of cutting tbh, the rear 1/4 sit down about 5mm so it pushes the bumper down and that then turns into a big budge in the rear. Good bit of trimming was needed to get it all to line up. Its not perfect but its going to have to do. Once i get some more pop off buttons il get it neated up and fitting a little bit better!

This is with the wets on so when the 9J alloys are on it fairly pokes out!

Cheers

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Actually saw your pictures on Flickr a few days ago, nicely done Jack!
Haha a good place to follow if your just after the photos with none of my bad English getting in the way ! The offshore rigs i work on block flickR (and every other social network) so i tend to upload all the photos from the trip at home, copy the hotlinks and then put the text together on my down time, kills a night of the trip :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haha a good place to follow if your just after the photos with none of my bad English getting in the way ! The offshore rigs i work on block flickR (and every other social network) so i tend to upload all the photos from the trip at home, copy the hotlinks and then put the text together on my down time, kills a night of the trip :)
I appreciate the photos as you take nice detailed ones. Always like looking at them as they may inspire ideas for me as well.. ;)

281 - 286 of 286 Posts