Ford Focus Forum banner

301 - 303 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Love your thinking and upgrades Jack !
Wonder what happens to turbo and engine temp with less airflow, interesting and surely following your progress 😊
Thanks Bart! That question has popped up a few times but i think its not as complicated as people think. Its a water cooled engine so it shouldn't matter to much, the 2nd set of vents mid way up the bonnet are designed to drag hot air out the bay so there will be some movement, granted not a lot. As for the turbo again it is also water cooled, think about putting a turbo blanket on a turbo, you then also block off any air circulation, but the turbos don't seem to mind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Bart! That question has popped up a few times but i think its not as complicated as people think. Its a water cooled engine so it shouldn't matter to much, the 2nd set of vents mid way up the bonnet are designed to drag hot air out the bay so there will be some movement, granted not a lot. As for the turbo again it is also water cooled, think about putting a turbo blanket on a turbo, you then also block off any air circulation, but the turbos don't seem to mind.
That sounds reasonable, as long as you coolant water is cooler than before you'll be right.
Thought about this and does make sense. Still interesting to see the results.
Hopefully you'll be able to test it out soon !
Keep up the good work Jack, I love your build and progress 👌

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
That sounds reasonable, as long as you coolant water is cooler than before you'll be right.
Thought about this and does make sense. Still interesting to see the results.
Hopefully you'll be able to test it out soon !
Keep up the good work Jack, I love your build and progress 👌
yup exactly bart , as long as the coolant is kept under control it shouldnt be a issue ! thats the plan anyway haha!

301 - 303 of 303 Posts