Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
I don't have an xbox one so I'm hesitant at getting it. Guess I'll wait and see how it is.

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It looks like Drew (RedZedX3) is showing no interest in this game. I thought he'd be excited about it, but he hasn't posted so much as game play Footage, or even showed Ubi's hints at a sequel. Oh well. :p
The second the Gears of War game comes out on XB1, I will purchase the console, GoW, plus F5 and Watchdogs. Scout's honor.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
I still haven't gotten int GOW. But I keep getting distracted by some of the free games that have been released. I wish Microsoft allowed extra large external storage on the 360. I am out of HDD space and the biggest HDD available for my system is only 250GB. :(

Watch Dogs is interesting though. It's also going to be available on the 360 and PS3. Of course it's not going to be as pretty as PC and the Gen 7 consoles, but the experience should be the same. Sort of like Titanfall on the 360 compared to PC and the Xbox One.

The Xbox One looks more attractive now that it's achieved some price parity with the PS4.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
I own Watchdogs, now I'm just waiting for the 27th so I can download it.

I bought the game and got a graphics card with it. Or... Was it the other way around? :confused:

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Downloaded the game last night, but only got about an hour to play around with it. Which means most of that time was spent either setting up the graphics or learning how the controls work.

I will say, that the game looks really good on the PC. I've got everything set to ultra high and the new GPU is handling it with no problem. Now I'm off to spend a little time getting a feel for the game while Im actually awake.

On the downside. UPlay sucks, I wish that the DL code I got had been for Steam.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Holy **** the cops in this game are infuriating. The car controls are passable, about on par with Saints Row, but the cops can see through walls, drive through walls, and after you finally lose them I get to dodge these yellow circles or else even more cops cars appear with helicopters. The circles are so large in area the car I'm forced to drive can't get clear, I can't hide in the car even after losing the cops and can't get out of it. What an awful mission. It wouldn't be so bad since I can just hop in the water and lose them normally, but I'm not allowed to leave my car in the mission I'm trying to finish, so they just keep smashing it until I lose the mission. I was enjoying the game, now I'm about to toss the works in the dumpster. One hour in and I'm about ready to shelf the game.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
I know what mission you are talking about Luke. Ran into a similar situation with a later mission. Had to take out person who was travelling in a convoy, I did so. Then got involved in a car chase involving both the bad guys and the cops. Lost both the cops and the bad guys, but the mission would not complete. I could drive by the destroyed and empty cars of the bad guys, but never find any bad guys to shoot or evade. Finally had to restart the mission to complete it.

The more I play this game, the less it holds my interest. With the amount of hype that Ubisoft was pumping out, you would think that this game would have something revolutionary or genre breaking. But it doesn't. Okay, the whole hacking the world with your phone is new, but that only remains a novel thing for a short time. This game suffers from the "Been there, Done that" syndrome.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
The graphics comparisons show that the old systems aren't missing much compared to the latest greatest. Yes there are big differences if you are a graphics whore, but the game is still the same. Its not like the differences between 8 bit to 16 bit consoles, where an 8 bit version was nowhere near the 16 bit versions...

I'm not seeing why I am supposed to want the newest consoles again.

·
4,107 Posts
There aren't a lot of reasons yet. Horizon 2 is shaping up pretty nicely though and E3 might show a few reasons hopefully. A year from now support for the X360 will have slowly died off.

Watch Dogs is not the game I was hoping it was going to be. Lucky for me Mario Kart 8 is, so I can play that between disappointing Watch Dogs sessions.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Well E3 is next week, so waiting for hope in why to switch isn't going to be grueling. We'll see...

I do think, the current generation will have to be phased out sooner, rather than later for the new systems to really come into their own. Having a "lite" version of AAA titles will do nothing to move the systems in the coming months.

·
4,107 Posts
No, but they need the sales these will generate to afford the lower sales of these new games. I imagine a game like Horizon 2 likely costs more than double what the first one did, and with an install base of well under 10 million they will be lucky to see anywhere over 2 million copies sold over the game's lifetime on the new console. Having a cheaper to make version selling on a console with a massive install base should help them shoulder the cost.

I imagine as we move forward we will start to see less and less of these twin-version games. At least this is being done right and the X1 version won't be an up-port from an X360 game, but a game genuinely made from the ground up for the new system.

·