Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I haven't been around much, but have peaked in from time to time. Just not much posting on my behalf.

Most of you, if not all, know me very well and have kept a close eye on my wagon and it's progress. It's gone through so many changes that I myself, have lost track.

Besides work, I've also been busy with my family. My almost 3 year old son is a hand full and I love him so much! Being a dad is awesome!

Anywho, now with my wife working in town, the wagon became her daily driver. In November of 2012, some asswipe in an old Explorer decided to make an illegal left turn, hitting his brakes at the last minute. Katty rear ended him, he fled and my insurance company turned out to be a total douche about it. So, never got paid.

This totally bummed me out, not having monies to fix it quick. I even made plans to sell it, fix it up to get her running and sell it. My wife knocked some sense into me, and convinced me to keep it. The wagon sat for 8 months, totaled. Untill I actually decided what I was going to do with it. My options were limited but I really wanted to do something new.

An SVT front? nope already done that.
How about a RS? Really tempting, but not really "digging" it.
Euro face lift? It's already been done.

So, in the mean time, I started to take apart the wagon and to my surprise, there was no structure damage. It was all cosmetic. All I needed was radiator, support, condenser, hood, bumper and headlights.

It finally hit me, an SAP front. But this meant a whole new front end was needed. I started saving some dinero, and piecing things together.

when I finally had everything needed, I got to work...

After seeing everything put together, I decided that instead of having everything color matched, to repaint the entire wagon, white!

I don't think there's another white MK1 wagon wif an SAP front, as of yet [thumb]

Wheels are planned, still deciding on what rout to go. I want to do a 5x108 hub redrill, but there's limited wheel choices. Then thought about 5x100, but it's a bit tougher to redrill the hub. I think I might just go with 4x100.
Oh, and moar low :)

So, like always, welcome to opinions. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Amazing transformation! That wagon is unique and looks great with SAP in white.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I have to repost this one...

The only thing it seems to be missing are a couple of surfboards on top. :cool:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
You've done it again! Looks great and I don't think I ever seen an SAP wagon. Looks awesome!:cool:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sooooo awesome!!! I've thought long and hard about doing this conversion on my wagon, but my wife would kill me if I did. It looks really REALLY good, by far the best looking front end ever, nice job!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow, that thing rocks! Maybe I'm a bit jealous... :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hehe, thanks guys. Appreciate all the comments. I might be painting my wheels black, to match the rest of the car. Or white? what ya' think?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Daaaammn! That is one nice looking wagon! Great job! :cool:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hehe, thanks guys. Appreciate all the comments. I might be painting my wheels black, to match the rest of the car. Or white? what ya' think?
I like them just how they are, they add a nice touch of class without overdoing it in my opinion.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Don't paint them, if anything Plastidip them (Yes I said it and I don't care if people don't like it) since at least that's easily reversible.

Does seem like a crime to paint a set of TDs though.

·
Kyle Gave Me His Oklahoma Foot Disease!
11,279 Posts
Sell them back to me. Dont paint them! Lol

·
****ney-4-Life!
3,685 Posts
I think the consensus is that you don't paint "dem dare" alloys>>>

I agree with this consensus. Looks epic, as in only an epic thing can look.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Agree. No to the painting of wheels idea. Plastidip is a better idea, orrrr, save for a different set of black wheels.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts