Ford Focus Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I loved this wagon on the Pro Race wheels.

I don't like the stretch look for this car. It looked so functional and refreshing on the Silver TD's.

:/

- Drew

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
Interested in seeing the new wheels on the car.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Well, it's been about 2 years since I made this thread. I know I've posted others and updated pics, but since the wagon is getting an Engine swap, I thought I'd update here as I go, rather than making yet another thread.

So, most of you may have seen pics of the wagon with the ESM wheels -

Since then, I haven't driven the wagon much. A trip into town now and then to hang out with the local natives.

Then I got my hands on some Rotiforms Nue's

After that, I decided to go back to my FoST wheels, but with smaller tires and a little bit of rake.

Now, a major game changer. I'll be doing soething I've been wanting to do ever since I've had my wagon. Manual conversion... but the tranny comes with another motor. :evilgrin:

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a complete 2004 SVTF. With the help of a very god friend, we bought the Focus and will start the engine swap very soon.

And the most important part of it all -

The car is intact, and is really a shame to part it out, but it's for a good cause :D

The odometer states 128K miles, but when we started taking apart the front end, we found this under the header, on the engine block -

So, I'm guessing the car got a new engine or at least a new short block sometime after 2010? Hard to know exactly how many miles are actually on the engine.

Anyways, I have some parts on order. Stuff like the Engine mounts (stock ones are shot), revised thermo housing and other goodies. The wagon's getting taken apart as soon as I have some spare time.

I'll be updating as I go, so stay tuned.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Love it, can't wait to see it motor swapped!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thanks guys!

Nope, SVTF is (or was, now) complete and running. My brother had bought it for his GF, but she ended up wanting a VW instead so they sold it to us for the same price they got it for.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
With time, yes. That's the plan. But I still dunno know how long that'll be haha.

Question for you guys. I plan on cleaning up the engine bay a bit, and just bought the Massive fitting kit and duratec PS pump. I'm looking at the CFM PS relocation line and it says "Sections of the factory power steering line are used in conjunction with our relocation hose". Anyone know what sections? Or what they mean by this?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
do a lightweight flywheel and clutch kit while its out. trust me, it wakes the car up. hands down the svtf swap was the best thing i did to mine. what cfm means is that the parts of the line that connect to teh pum and the rack will get cut off and re used to make the proper connections for the new line. as ford uses special fittings. i think karls kit eliminates teh need t ocut the old line. but you may want to be sure. ( i myself would like to get a real tube and fin cooler up front for powersteering and oil, as my stuff is old and after i auto-x it i see a puddle of steering fluid by the drivers side tire)

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
That's a Ford reman longblock, would have been complete from pan to valve cover.

What was wrong with the SVT? Shame to see a driver scrapped for a powertrain swap into another car. :(

-Steve

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Thanks again guys :thumbup: :)

do a lightweight flywheel and clutch kit while its out. trust me, it wakes the car up. hands down the svtf swap was the best thing i did to mine. what cfm means is that the parts of the line that connect to teh pum and the rack will get cut off and re used to make the proper connections for the new line. as ford uses special fittings. i think karls kit eliminates teh need t ocut the old line. but you may want to be sure. ( i myself would like to get a real tube and fin cooler up front for powersteering and oil, as my stuff is old and after i auto-x it i see a puddle of steering fluid by the drivers side tire)
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Looks like i'll be going to my local hydraulic hose shop to get one custom made.

As for the lightweight fly, you have any suggestions on to which brand? I've been stuck in an Auto for so long that I don't know diddly squat about them haha.

I love that you just keep re-vamping this car. It's looked fantastic in every iteration you've made it into.
Thanks man, means a lot to me. It's been a long and slow process but I love it.

That's a Ford reman longblock, would have been complete from pan to valve cover.

What was wrong with the SVT? Shame to see a driver scrapped for a powertrain swap into another car. :(

Steve
So, a complete engine, basically. Nice, looks like I scored big time. Thanks for the info on this.

The car is pretty much complete, but has a salvage / rebuilt tittle. It looks like the drivers side door and fender had work done at one time. One of the main reasons I didn't keep it for myself is the lack of being able to "import" and register it in Baja. Our system sucks right now, and only newer cars from 2009 and onward (so only cars no older than 6 years) can get imported. I'm out of luck with this 2004 SVT.

We're using everything we can from this donor.

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Wish you were closer, I could use a lot of those silver body parts to keep my baby on the road longer. The rust monster has been working on mine for a while now.

-Steve

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Car looks sexy as hell. Seriously awesome.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Thanks fellas :)

Parts update, some goodies came in :D

Finally completed the revised (Contour) thermo housing -

Steeda Passenger side motor mount -

Massive Power steering fittings -

And a Duratec PS Pump w/reservoir -

I knew I'd have to modify the mounting bracket to make the pump work (thanks o Nathaniel on FaceBook for the tips), good thing I had a spare -

After test fitting it, I figured out where I needed to cut -

Fits perfect without the reservoir -

And after 5 minutes with a hack saw -

Now, all fits perfectly -

Can't wait to get started on the teardown :cool:

61 - 80 of 112 Posts