Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i had a 03 ford focus and at 20k miles the cat plugged up and ford wanted to charge me 1,000$ to replace the *in warr* cat and had to replace the disk and drum brakes at 15k milesand about 6 months ago my frt sway bar fell off every time i hade to pay for the repairs thats why i got rid of my focus i loved it alot but there was more cons than pros for the car
I would cause so much hell at the dealership that Satan himself would look up and say, "ooh, that guy's good".

The dealership tried to lie their way out of the free rental for SVT owners.... once. I caused so much hate and discontent that every time that I brought my car back (and there were many times for that) they had a car waiting.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Thanks for making this post andrew.

I'm beginning the process of getting all my info together to present to the DSB for my 04 F-150. I've had it in for 10 items since Feb of this year and it's in there for a recurring issue as we speak.

I wasn't even the one who thought of this... it was my sales lady because she felt horrible everytime I called her for my free loaner.

Everyone else I know that has a F-150 doesn't have any issues... I just want a freakin truck that works. Otherwise it's Mustang time

·
Registered
3 Posts
well man i am in the same boat had my car for a month engine is shot knocks hard time screwed just shot i have warranty but there is a big misunderstanding that there is warranty from one person there is another person saying that i dont have any warranty i dont know it just all sucks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello guys. I've had my Focus ZTS for a long time, and have hated it through 90% of that. I bought the car used from Enterprise car rentals with 8,xxx miles on it for $13,000. It now has 66,XXX on it.

Within two days the rear window controls started shorting out. I ignored them for about a week and then they permanently stopped working from the front. It is not covered under the warranty. I also noticed that the wiper fluid reservoir was leaking at some point and was holding a minimal amount of fluid. About 5,000 miles later My front brakes were destroyed for the first time. Huge gashes on the front left rotor, just like in all of the pictures on fordfocusbrakeproblems.com. Since then I've replaced them 3 more times, and the rear brakes twice. I've had my MAF die, and my EGR was stuck on open until replaced. My factory header had a DENT in it. My valve cover gasket was blown and needed replaced. I've replaced my AA Engine Speed sensor assembly. I've replaced my thermostat twice, thermostat housing once, gasket twice. My rear right window has derailed itself 3 times! Even after having it professionally fixed, there's a little piece of plastic that keeps breaking and falling off. My drivers side headlight CAUGHT ON FIRE! Stock bulbs, never tampered with, just caught fire while i was driving. Battery has died and needed replacing at 50,000. Battery terminal cables MELTED TOGETHER, replaced them myself after that with higher quality cables and silver saudering. My alternator went out, and I've had to replace my spark plugs because two of the stock ones rusted. Since 40,000 miles I've had to park with my parking brake set or the car will roll backwards in Park. That's just when I noticed that, could have existed before that but I usually park on flat ground. I've had to replace the rear crossmember, two wheel bearings, two rear spindles, and currently need another one replaced. Ford did this work. My rear view mirror is cracking in the heat of summer, my factory tint on the rear windshield is aging and getting very hard to see out of. My arm rest broke with just the pressure of my resting arm on it. My trunks weather stripping has always leaked a little bit when it's raining and the trunk just doesn't look like its quite lining up. I've had to replace both of my rear door speakers do to cracking sounds and distortion. My rear bumper is starting to sag and I've lost two passenger side power mirrors to drive through car washes. (always replaced by the car wash) I've washed it by hand for 40,000 miles now. It's always had a low end stumble, and often feels like it's going to die rather than accelerate when I attempt to pull out into traffic. I just got the car back from Ford, spending $317 on it and found out that I need a new transmission: $2300.

I've never been in accident in this car and I've always changed the oil/filter every 3,000 miles with Mobil 1 synthetic and flushed the transmission fluid every 30,000 miles. People have always referred to my car as a POS and it's not very comforting to not be able to trust your car for long trips the entire time you've owned it. Most of them have owned Honda's, and the ones who own focus' know exactly what I'm going through. It has always felt like it's cheaply made and it's always got bad mileage in town. The only aftermarket part I've put on there that wasn't replacing something broken was a CARB legal Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, and it was installed professionally by California Mufflers in Modesto, CA. That was in hopes to fix the low end stumble, which it did seem like it helped with a little bit. The repairs that weren't done by Ford were done by either myself or by friends who are very knowledgable and we haven't broken anything. I'm sure I'm leaving out many smaller problems that I just can't remember at the moment. I really don't want to pay to put a new transmission in a car I really want to get rid of. I've bared with this car since December of 2002, mainly because I didn't know the lemon law existed. Do you guys believe that I might be applicable for a depreciated refund with having 66,xxx miles on my car?

·
Registered
205 Posts
orangezx3 said:
In michigan you can not lemon law a car if it is over a year old......HERE IS A GREAT RESOUCE FOR LEMON LAW INFO... lemon laws by state

Sorry, this would be an inaccurate statement. I owned a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD up until two weeks ago. It was lemon lawed by Chrysler. The vehicle was bought in July of 05 and it was Lemoned in Oct. of 07.

If your in Michigan, this guy is one of the best.
http://www.lehtoslaw.com/

·
Registered
27 Posts
The DSB works. I ended up with a lemon mustang back in 01. I went through the DSB and I did the interview over the phone. I had a new car a couple days later.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
:confused: :dunno:
Skip Class Much?
I'll be shocked if anyone can, or bothers to, read that post.
:bang:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts