Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help guys. I have a 2000 Ford Focus SE, Zetec that has been giving me some rough idle and been stalling. I popped the hood and found out that there was a vaccum leak from the intake manifold. I just cannot figure out where it goes. Auto part stores, Chilton manual, and online searches have not been successful.

Looking at the picture, this is on the backside of the engine compartment, beneath the throttle body, on the intake manifold.

Thank in advance.

Andy

Can some one please tell me where this goes to?

·
Registered
845 Posts
It should wrap around the drivers side of the engine block and end behind the thermostat housing. I just replaced it a few months ago due to a collapse check outthis thread for the part numbers and pictures http://forums.focaljet.com/tousley-ford/586888-few-bits.html

I got the replacement hose with the heat shield from a local dealer for about $20. Its a pretty common problem apparently so most dealers stock several.

·
Registered
434 Posts
no thats not it. the pcv hose you are talking about mounts beneath that. i have the same hose above missing on my car. no clue what it goes to

·
Registered
391 Posts
It goes nowhere; it should be capped off like this...

·
Registered
434 Posts
i dont have a cap on mine :( i guess it came off. i just put tape over the hole to see if it changed anything and sure enough, idle is back to normal. guess i have to bust out the jb weld. thanks for that pic 02ztsian

·
Registered
845 Posts
So is was just an afterthought by ford? I wonder if any performance gains are possible from simple mods in this area?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the responses. I bought some vacuum caps for $2. Plugged the leak. problem seems to be solved now.

·
I
13,303 Posts
So is was just an afterthought by ford? I wonder if any performance gains are possible from simple mods in this area?
I don't see how you could do anything with that vacuum port and get power form it unless you use it to spray nitrous or water meth, but it looks like a less-than-ideal spot for either of those.

Good spot to hook up a boost gauge though.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
It's the perfect size and placement for a vacuum gauge hook-up. That's what I'm using mine for.

Maybe Ford thought about these things early on and then decided it wasn't necessary in the N Amer market. :what:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Can someone give me a wider picture. I have the same problem but I'm not sure where that picture is localized at.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Should it be easy to get to. I took off my intake but I see where it should be. But can't get to it. Any suggestions

1 - 18 of 18 Posts