Ford Focus Forum banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
1. # of years 'happily' married--Maybe 1, there were times here and there but most of the time was spent waiting on her lazy ass.

2. How long did the problems last before either party 'threw in the towel'
--3 years
3. How long the process was from deciding to separate to being legally divorced
---still going through...going to take awhile it's been almost 6 months so far
4. How long after before returning to the mingle pool or getting remarried.
---She screwed me over, left me for someone else after I raised his kid for a year and thought it was mine. I was glad when she left and within a month had another g/f. That situation just fell through after 4 months.

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts

·
Almost choked on a Girl Scout ...cookie
16,227 Posts
Wait... wah? :lol: I'm never that right! :lol:
She just wants some pink popcorn and cotton candy.

Typical woman, angling for the goodies... ;)

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
She just wants some pink popcorn and cotton candy.

Typical woman, angling for the goodies... ;)
Well how else am I to get what I want? I'm not super cute and I'm too capable to climb that corporate ladder to make something of myself and manipulate the man to get what I want. :lol: Make mine a kettle corn and you got a date. :thumbup:

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Well how else am I to get what I want? I'm not super cute and I'm too capable to climb that corporate ladder to make something of myself and manipulate the man to get what I want. :lol: Make mine a kettle corn and you got a date. :thumbup:
How bout some 1/3lbs bacon strips? :lol: I have still yet to have a deep fried Snickers bar. :p

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
To everyone in here who thinks I was condescending with my Tough Love approach - I just want you to be happy.
Not too worry... i just think different people respond to tough love differently. I may sulk, hem and hollar... then i tighten my belt and do what needs to be done... no matter how unpleasant. :(

But things do get better in time.
-bix

·
Shik 2.0
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
we all get a good laugh at those "women belong in the kitchen jokes."
I was with my gramma last week, and my mom mentioned how my wife never sets foot in the kitchen or grocery store. My gramma replied "what kind of wife is that?!" :lol:

But we had a good deal, I cook and she cleans. I love the grocery store, and I'll go a few times each week usually only getting freshies for dinner that night. Then the dishes started piling up because I use 'too many' to cook, etc. So cooking dinner for her wasn't as fun anymore, it was more of a chore. I've tried hard to accommodate her gluten free, dairy free, seafood free, weird food free diet, but that too has become a point of conflict for us.

Regarding the 2 page emotional discussion, here's where I see a difference from my wife and I. I am much more capable of tuning things out than she is. For instance, our noisy neighbor has been a problem for 3 years since we bought this place. We went thru the fight with the builder and trying to soundproof. We went thru arguing with the neighbor himself, and we went thru the calling the cops at 10pm routine as well. We tried to sell twice now, but we can't.

So, to me, I accept that there is nothing I can do to remedy the situation, and I tune him out and ignore the loud TV, slamming doors, etc.

To her, she mutes the TV when she hears any sound, to verify it's him making noise again. She complains that she can hear them talking upstairs, or slamming the door, or their radio is on. It seems like she searches out a reason to be angry over it, and it causes a fight because I try to tell her not to worry about it and tune it out. She gets upset that I don't acknowledge the noise or her anger towards it. To me, life is too short to worry about **** like that. And I'd rather not be angry as well.

·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts
Shik - from what I read, she likes drama and subscribes to exacting standards of how she must live and how everyone around her should behave - this allows her to create the drama that rules her life. She seems to be very self-centered and very ignorant of the things you have changed in your life to be with her. No one should live like that. I hope you dump her ass soon and get on the road to the rest of your life. :thumbup:

141 - 160 of 160 Posts