Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
maddfocus said:
ppl i dont care as much for the whp....i want base at 300!!!! not whp!! there is a diff!
Your thinking is backwards.

If a car is rated at 500 hp at the crank but only puts 150 to the wheels, it's going to be slower (by far) than a car rated at 250 at the crank that puts 200 to the wheels.

If you insist on wanting to use a crank rating, look for something that will put you in the neighborhood of 250-270 wheel horsepower.

That's something that most supercharger setups and virtually any turbocharger setup can provide.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
gobstopper said:
Your thinking is backwards.

If a car is rated at 500 hp at the crank but only puts 150 to the wheels, it's going to be slower (by far) than a car rated at 250 at the crank that puts 200 to the wheels.

If you insist on wanting to use a crank rating, look for something that will put you in the neighborhood of 250-270 wheel horsepower.

That's something that most supercharger setups and virtually any turbocharger setup can provide.
agreed..

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
What the hell is base?

Are you referring to BHP?

If so, that's BRAKE horsepower. It is in old school reference commonly used in the UK. It basically refers to engine horsepower at the flywheel.

WHP is wheel horsepower and that is what is translated to the ground after it goes through the driveline(w/ losses).

- Drew

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
maddfocus said:
ppl i dont care as much for the whp....i want base at 300!!!! not whp!! there is a diff!

lol.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts